Monday, April 27, 2009

I do a lot of QA, so I've become accustomed to things not working. It's part of my life. Every so often, however, the sheer volume of how many things that don't work still ends up surprising me every so often. Today is a case in point:

I got into work this morning and noticed it was abnormally warm in the office. I discover that the air conditioner isn't working right now. Strike 1. Since it's abnormally warm in here, I went over to the vending machine to get a cold drink. Out of order. Strike 2. Fine, there's another vending machine downstairs. I'll just go use that one. To the elevator! Out of order. Strike 3. I took the stairs. Got to those vending machines. The one holding the sodas is out of order. Strike 4! Fine, I'll get a bag of chips instead. Hey this machine works! I pull out my bag of chips. It's already open. The chips dump out all over the floor.

I was so amazed I just left them there. Strike 5. Back to my desk to hide until lunch.

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...