Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Not a Milestone

Today I turn 28. This event, if we're going to call it that, was not heralded by much of anything. If we're going with the tradition that I consider it "my birthday" at the stroke of midnight, rather than the actual moment I was born, then I was technically alone when it happened. Not-so-technically, I wasn't alone, since I was probably talking to two or more gaming acquaintances at the time. Or, if we're going to be technical and not consider it "my birthday" until the actual time of birth, then I was either stuck in traffic, or sitting here at work. In other words, I was doing the same things I do every other normal work day.

After reflecting on this, it has encouraged me to give you a little piece of advice:

The world doesn't give a shit about you. You are nothing more than an insignificant speck to it. If you want to feel special on your "special day", I suggest you ensure that you have people in your life who care about you, and who you in turn care about. Otherwise, it will become painfully obvious how insignificant you really are.

I hope you weren't expecting some uplifting message.

Now I need to decide what I want to do for lunch. Perhaps a sub.

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...