Thursday, January 17, 2008

Ow. My head hurts. There are days when I have scripting problems that are fun to figure out and the solutions come easily. Then, there are days like today. Every creative bit of scripting I do either isn't working or isn't doing what I need it to do. It gets annoying, because I don't particularly like spending all morning trying to figure out one scripting problem. On the other hand, it *is* quite gratifying when I finally do come up with a solution.

There's not really any point to that little story, but I do have another one for you. Ever since I first heard the song "Hate Me" by Blue October, I have taken a liking to the band. I started out just downloading that song, of course, but then a little later got the entire album. And I liked it, there's some good stuff on Foiled. I learned recently that the band has in fact been around since the mid-1990's, so I decided to see if I could find any of their earlier stuff.

I searched around, and I found an album called "One Day Silver, One Day Gold" by Blue October. Cool! So I downloaded it. I loaded the album onto my Zune, and today one of the songs came up in my playlist for the first time. (Hey, it's an 8GB Zune, it took awhile.) But the song didn't sound like Blue October. It didn't sound like them at all.

I went on Wikipedia and read about the band, and looked at their discography. The album I had downloaded was not listed. By this point I was thoroughly confused, so I searched on the name of the album. Turns out it is by a band by the name of Blue October UK, and the UK part of the band's name isn't listed on the title of the album nor on any of the tracks. And let me tell ya, Blue October the American rock band sounds a HELL of a lot different from Blue October the UK elecrosynth band. My ears are bleeding now.

Now, for those of you calling me an idiot for making such a mistake, look at these two album covers. Do you see any indication that one Blue October is a different band from the other?

I thought not.

And now I go back to my scripting headache.


***Edit: I just noticed that I posted this without a title. I didn't know I could do that! That saves me, like, 5 seconds of thinking up witty titles when I don't want to.

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...