Friday, January 18, 2008

I've been slowly acquainting myself with a band called The Bravery. I believe I've mentioned them at least once before here, but I've just recently came to really, really like another one of their songs. Not only does it have a great sound, but the lyrics are great. Here's a portion:

Sometimes I feel like I want to leave this place for good.
Under the ground, I'll live down there without a sound.

And never hear these hissing voices all the same.
I'll disappear, cause living makes me feel ashamed.

I must believe there's more above us and below.
I must believe, stranded with this bitch called hope.
It keeps me here when all I wanna do is go.
It keeps me here when all I wanna do is disappear.

If this is it, all we have and ever will.
If this is it, time is running out, I'm standing still.
I leave today, cause there's nothing left to keep me here.
I'll fade away, I'll turn my back and disappear.

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...