Tuesday, January 15, 2008

And the current threat level is...

One of the several reasons I enjoy working in my office is the dress code. We're allowed to wear jeans, t-shirts, tennis shoes, etc. Given the hours that we are sometimes required to work, the management feels we should be as comfortable as possible. This is good, because I hate dressing up. If I had to wear a shirt and tie to work every day, I would probably hang myself with the tie. Or at least rip off all my clothes and jump out of a 4th floor window.

Now, while most days for us are considered what is known as "casual attire", there are occasions where we are visited by current or potential customers. In these instances, the dress code is increased to "business casual", which translates to no jeans, no tennis shoes, and no t-shirts. But a shirt and tie is not required.

Today is one of those days.

I like to break down our dress code levels into a system similar to the homeland security alert system.

Green - Casual. Everything is fine. You can look like a slob. Maybe you should febreeze those jeans you wore yesterday, they still look fine.

Yellow - Business casual. A potential customer of minor importance must be visiting. Get out the comfy boot-like black shoes and the army pants that techincally AREN'T jeans so they are acceptable attire.

Orange - Business. Shirt and tie are required, but no suit. I'm going to be uncomfortable all fucking day.

Red - Business formal. Suit is required. You can bet the customer visiting is a multi-million dollar acccount. This is what sick days are for.

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...