Saturday, July 28, 2007

Last Day in Europe

This week has been a learning experience for me, both culturally and personally. Kind of put things into perspective a bit.

That's about all I'm going to say about that. I have a very long flight to think. So, I'll think then.

One thing is for sure though -- one more croissant for breakfast and I'm going to hurt someone. The food here has been pretty good overall, however. Lunch has been pure Danish each day. Breakfast has been at the hotel and very European. For dinner, we've been hitting different cultural restaurants. First it was Chinese, then Greek, and tonight we tried an Italian restaurant. All very good.

I've got a pocket full of coins (kroners). I need to find a vending machine or somewhere to spend them, there's too damn many to take with me and the enchange places usually won't let you exchange coins.

My flight leaves somewhere in the 9:15 AM area, so I really should consider going to bed here sometime soon. I'm just too damn wired to sleep right now.

I purchased a disposable camera today, before Jeff and I embarked on our walk through the city. Most of the day was quite nice, so the pictures should look great. It rained on two different occasions today, once we were near a kiosk and it wasn't bad. The second time, however, we were out at the harbor and there was no where to go except under two trees. We're were thoroughly soaked by the time that one passed.

The funny thing about the weather here is that it will be sunny for an hour, rain for 10 minutes, then be sunny again. Then repeat. Welcome to a port city, I guess.

We took one of those boat tours today as well, that was really cool. Traversed all the canals, went out into the harbor, etc. Fun stuff.

Well, I guess I'll piss away some more time online, then try to sleep. Tomorrow is going to be a very, very long day. Not looking forward to that 9 hour flight in the morning. I'm half tempted to sleep deprive myself completely tonight so that it's possible I'll sleep on the plane, but that's certainly not a guarantee. I should have been completely exhausted on the FIRST 9 hour flight getting here, but I didn't sleep at all during that one. Ah well.

Since I forgot my digital camera, and purchased a disposable one, you will have to wait until I get these developed before you see them. Patience!

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...