Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Gaming Goodness

The official release date for Quake Wars has been August 1st for a while now, so I'm hoping this will finally be it. I've heard all the hype and I've seen all the progress. I'm really for the finished product, and I'm sure a hell of a lot of other people are too. Exactly two weeks from now, it could finally happen.

If you have no idea what Quake Wars is, I suggest you check out just about any gaming news blog on the planet. Chances are you'll find an article about it. It's the next generation Quake...where deathmatch is thrown to the side and replaced by tactical, strategic-themed outdoor levels, massive in scale and quality. This isn't your Quake from the 1990's where you run around looking for the rail gun. It's 32 vs. 32 chaos, with airstrikes, ground vehicles, and advanced weaponry.

Here's hoping it lives up to all the hype. Here's a link to the trailer, for the curious:

Quake Wars Trailer

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...