Saturday, March 18, 2006

Dungeon Doom


I bow before the genius of the person or persons who made this modification for Doom 3. They turned Doom 3 into an RPG. Oh...yes!

So you have the prettiest looking graphics engine rendering an RPG world. Brilliant! You start out in this city, with NOTHING of course, since that's how all RPG's start. You go outside and kill some creatures, which gives you experience, points, and gold. You then go back to the city, put your experience points on things like dexterity, intelligence, and strength. Then, you spend your gold on ammo, additional weapons, and yes, even spells and potions!

I was out in the wilderness, and suddenly some text flashed across my screen that said, "Night breaks." Then, I was plunged into darkness. I couldn't see ANYTHING. So there I was, out in the wilderness, very far from the city, and I can't even see the weapon I'm holding. And then, I can hear the growls of creatures coming at me. Woo!

So I went into my inventory, activated a torch, and made my way back to the safety of the city as fast as I could.

I developed one cool power already, where I can catch incoming projectiles and launched them back at the enemy....using my bare hands. Very cool.


No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...