Friday, February 17, 2006

I have the power to bring technology to a screetching halt.

And no, I'm not the fucking Lawnmower Man.

I went to the supermarket today, because I needed some Nestea. I buy the raspberry iced tea by the 12-fridge pack. A week ago, those were on sale -- 4 for $10. However, when I went to get some, they were all out. So, I got a rain check.

Cut to today. I go there, get my iced tea, go checkout, and then hand the rain check to the cashier. And then the fun began.

Right off the bat, the girl didn't know how to handle a rain check. So she called this other lady over. The other lady made an attempt, and failed. So, another lady came over. This lady figured it out, but in the process deleted all the other items I had bought which then had to be unbagged and rescanned. They had to swipe my Giant Eagle advantage card 4 times. It got to the point where the woman actually got out a pen and started adding things up on a piece of paper. I bought the computer system to its KNEES with a slip of paper!

Finally, they got correct. I then swiped my debit card to pay. The fun began again...

After paying, they register needed the key to be inserted into it. Why? I have no idea. Maybe it enjoys having the key shoved up its ass. But they had to hunt down the third lady again and get her to key it. Finally, I was able to leave.

Then one of the 12 packs fell on my fritos and smooshed them. Blarg!

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...