Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Bitching

My family is a bunch of whiners. No, really. Bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch, that's all they know how to do. Why all the bitching? I dunno.

Tonight was a bit odd, and not particularly in a good way. Nothing bad happened to me though, so I'm not complaining. Here's the story though:

When I left for work this morning, my mother says to me, "When you get home from work, call Paula and she'll come pick you up in her minivan so you can go get your TV." (Paula is my sister-in-law.) I was confused, but said OK. (I'm quite capable of asking for favors on my own, and I didn't see why my mother took it upon herself to do this. But whatever...)

To ensure that we weren't going to be making a wasted trip to the store to get said TV, I stopped on my way home and scoped things out. Sure enough, there was indeed one of them sitting underneath the display, so I was good to go. (A 32" for $249. Not too shabby.)

I call my mother as I'm leaving the store, letting her know I was one my way home, and of course the plans changed by then. Now I was driving to my sister-in-law's house to pick up the minivan, with my Dad so he could help me carry it. This confused me even more, because my Dad hurt his shoulder recently and has been in pain ever since. But I'm just going with the flow at this point...

When my Dad pulled into the driveway at my sister-in-law's place, the grate over the sewer popped up and lodged itself under my Dad's car. We couldn't unlodge it, nor move the car because of how jammed it was. I didn't mind that so much. It was the whining I had to listen to about it all the way to the store that nearly made me want to slam my head in the car door a few times. "If your brother would have took 15 minutes out of his so called BUSY day, this never would have happened. I was gonna park across the street too. Dammit. I was gonna leave the keys to my car for Paula in case we didn't get back. Blew that idea. Dammit. And blah and blah and blah and blah." My brother got the grate out of the car while we were at the store. No damage.

We get to the store at 6:00 PM. My sister-in-law needed her vehicle back by 7:00 PM. We had a whole hour. As I walk into the store, they are wheeling my TV into the back room -- someone just bought it 39 seconds before we got there. I asked if they had more in the back, and they said yes, they had five of them. I was like great, I would like to by one. And they are like, great we'll go get one for you. That was at 6:02 PM. At 6:36 PM, we're still waiting. They can't find even 1 of these other 5 TV's that they have in the store. Brilliant.

We wait a few more minutes, and finally we can't wait any longer and have to leave to get the minivan back by 7:00 PM. So I tell the guy at the counter that we've leaving, and he's like, "Oh you're waiting on a TV? I'll just give you the one that guy just bought. He's not going to be picking it up for a few days, so we'll have plenty of time to find the others." Peachy. Why didn't someone suggest this sooner, bonerdock?

So I pay, and he starts wheeling the TV towards the front with me behind him. My Dad went on ahead to pull the minivan up to the front of the store so we could load it. As we're walking through the store, the dude asks me if I like the floor. This really threw me off, but then I looked over to see that part of the floor was in the process of being retiled. So I say, "Oh yeah, it's lovely." And he's like, "I'm doing it." And I'm like OH MY GOD GET ME OUT OF HERE.

He then starts telling me how there used to be carpet there and furniture, but they got sick of people lounging around in the furniture all the time, so they ripped it all out and are tiling the floor. After this lovely story, we're finally the front of the store, and I'm thanking God that my journey is nearly over. Then, as we're walking outside, we pass these toy tanks on display, and he goes, "Wouldn't it be cool if those thing shot ammo, like BB's or paint ball pellets?"

By this time I'm suicidal, and considering running out the door and into traffic. But since I was nearly to the end of my ride out of the Mallrat Zone, I decided to let myself live. I just bought a spiffy new TV anyway, and I should at least enjoy it for a while.

So my Dad and I lift the box to put it in the back of the minivan, and I could tell by the expression of his face that he was in obvious pain. (The fact that he nearly dropped his end of the box also hinted at that.) So, when we got home, I called my brother-in-law, and he came over and helped me move my old TV, and move the new one in. Which worked out good, because then we sat down for 18 holes of Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2006. Good times. We also reminisced about the Super Bowl party. (That only took a few seconds, because neither of us remember any of it.)

I learned some funny things about the party tho, stuff I missed while I was busy losing my spleen. My brother-in-law flipped his plate of dinner upside down as he was attempting to eat like he wasn't drunk, and dumped it on my Dad. Someone peed in the dog's water bowl. (Wasn't me!) My sister yelled at my mother that she was going to lysol the toilet before she left. (The one I was "using") My sister was also assertively declaring that she was never hosting a party ever again. Ba-hahahahaha! Golden.

So now I have a new TV, and am ready for the Daytona party this weekend. (MY turn to host. Hehe.)

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...