Sunday, April 07, 2013

Seed Starting Supplies

I got my stuff in the mail the other day.  It's still too early to do anything with them, but I figured I'd share.  Keep in mind that my camera isn't the best, so the images will be blurry.  Also, there seems to be a cat in most of them.

First off, the six packages of seeds.  I mentioned already how I went about picking them.  (Hint:  I went with the EASIEST.)



Now, obviously I need containers in which to plant them.  So I got some round, biodegradable planters that you can put right into the ground, plus a flat with smaller compartments (for the flowers, since they are smaller).







And finally, I'll also need SOIL.




One last thing is the lighting.  I had a bit of a problem last year with the seedlings getting a little spindly.  By that, I mean that they got unnaturally tall.  I think this was due to two things:  One, I may have had the light up too high, which caused the seedlings to stretch up to reach it.  Second, I think perhaps I didn't have a very good schedule with when I had the light on.  I can adjust the height of the lighting with no problem.  In order to get a good schedule down, I purchased a cat...er...I mean I purchased a TIMER that will control when the light is on, which you can see below.  














No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...