Tuesday, May 29, 2012

My boss uses certain phrases quite often that I feel should be stricken from the English language.  Some of them don't even exist in the English language, and that makes them even worse.

"Same sheet of music"
This one just irritates me.  He uses this as a way of saying "I want to ensure we all know what is going on."

"Escapegoat"

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT?  It's SCAPEGOAT.

"Smoke Testing"

This term in and of itself doesn't irritate me.  It's just that he uses it too fucking often.

"A lot on our plate"

Just fucking say we've got a lot of work to do.  You're just making me hungry with all this talk about things on a plate.

"Dry runs"
Seriously, this makes me think of powdered diarrhea.  He uses this as a term to describe testing a scripted demonstration or training session before hand. 

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...