Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Topic number one, if you haven't listened to the new Linkin Park song that was made available on Sunday, go do it now.  It's very good.  The song is called "Burn It Down", and you can find it on Linkin Park's website or on Youtube.

Next, over the weekend (on Saturday, I think, or it may have been Friday night), I set up my seed starter kit.  That included a warming mat for the bottom, two trays, soil pellets, the lighting system, and a clear cover for the trays.  The soil pellets are just about the coolest thing I've ever seen.  They aren't really much larger than the size of a lego, and you drop them into the bottom of each cell in the seedling tray.  Pour a bit of water on them, and the things expand to fill the entire cell with soil.  It's just about the coolest thing I've ever seen.  Though, I'll admit that I'm easily amused.

After I was amazed by the soil, I planted some seeds:  Broccoli, Pumpkins, Green Beans, Morning Glory, Cosmos, and Alyssum.  Most of these were easy, but those Alyssums were freaking hard to plant.  The seeds are about as big as a grain of sand.

It's been 3-4 days now, and I've already got some sprouts growing.  That's pretty cool.  If they do well, I may actually be able to plant another round after I transplant these.  I've just ordered another bag of those freaking amazing pellets just in case.  :3  

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...