Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Earthquake

So we had this earthquake here on the U.S. east coast.  That's pretty newsworthy.

Apparently, it was very shallow (thus felt further away than usual), was 5.9, and was in central Virginia.  I felt it here at the office -- my computer monitors shook and the floor was vibrating a little bit.  I probably wouldn't have even considered it an earthquake if other people didn't start asking me, "Hey, did you just feel that?"

So there you have it -- the most powerful earthquake we've had in over 100 years.  Fortunately, it seems it only caused minor amounts of damage, and no injuries to speak of.  That's a good thing.

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...