Monday, August 01, 2011

Duck and Cover!

It's going to be incredibly difficult for me to speak about Blizzard's recent Diable 3 announcements with an unbiased tongue.  Actually, it's probably impossible for me to do so, and therefore I'm not even going to try to play the part of the good reporter.  Fuck that.  Let's make people angry!

My thoughts on the topic:  So?

Oh my, can you hear it?  So many nerds are gnashing their teeth at me right now!

All right, so I suppose I should actually go into a bit more detail, hm?  Okay, so PC Gamer visited Blizzard over the weekend, and got a bunch of details on three very volatile decisions that Blizzard has made regarding Diablo 3.  Those three things are, with proper links:

1. Diablo 3 will be an "always-online" game.

2. Blizzard prohibits the use of mods.
3. There will be a "real money" auction house.

I really don't want to even get into the topic of all the nerdrage.  Most of it is ill-informed blather, anyway.  So I'll only ask one question:  Will any of this effect my main reason for playing the game?  The answer is no.  Therefore, my original response, which is a response that seems to make the majority of the gaming community want to inflict violence upon me, still stands.  And that is, "So?".

By the way, in case you're out of touch with reality, the main reason for playing a game is to have fun.  

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...