Monday, November 01, 2010

Dreams

I believe I've mentioned here before that I don't often remember my own dreams.  This is probably for the best, because they're usually fucking bizarre.  I just so happen to remember one from last night, and it's a valid case in point.

I was somewhere with my brother.  This is bizarre in and of itself, since I haven't seen him in months.  We were at a store of some kind, though I cannot remember which.  It may have been Wal-Mart or something like that.  When we left this place, we were in a white car that may have been the one my Dad drove several years ago before he got the one he has now.  My brother was driving.

As we were pulling out, this other car, containing a man at the wheel and a woman in the passenger seat, was trying to pull into where we trying to pull out of -- It was a lane of the parking lot, IIRC.  The problem being, this other car was on our side of the road.  My brother said something, and I can't remember exactly what it was, but he then pulled out and just ran right into this other vehicle.  I remember that it was most definitely on purpose.  He quite enjoyed doing it, too.

This then led to a car chase, with the two of us using back roads to lose this other car.  Eventually, we were driving in between railroad tracks.  I specifically remember the gravel being quite large and throwing up a lot of dust as we drove across it.  The quality of the railroad tracks began to degrade, becoming more and more rusted.  Eventually, we came to a large bridge, and there were three sets of railroad tracks going across this bridge.  Two of them were decrepit, and the bridge itself looks dangerous in those parts.  The one set was shiny and new, however, and the bridge looked much safer there.

We discussed which path we should take, theorizing that if we took one of the dangerous looking tracks, we were much less likely to encounter a train since the tracks are obviously not used any longer due to their extreme rust and decay.  Eventually we decided to take the newer tracks, as the bridge was quite rickety otherwise.

The last thing I remember is driving very, very fast in REVERSE as we're trying to outrun an oncoming train that appeared on the newer tracks that we took.

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...