Monday, July 27, 2009

Ghostbusters: The Video Game


Not bad. Not bad at all. When picking up this game to play it, I had hopes that I would be subjected to the same kind of experience I got when I watch the movies, and happily that's exactly what I got. It's a game that captures the feeling of the movies perfectly, mixes in the right amount of comedy, and doesn't take itself too seriously. Add in the fact that all the ghostbusters are rendered to look exactly like they did back in the 80's and are voiced by the respective actor's who played the parts, and it's hard to find something bad to say about it.

The one thing I was wondering about was how they were going to handle the whole ghost catching thing. Obviously you're going to be doing a lot of ghost catching in the game (duh), so how do you prevent it from becoming too repetitive? They did a pretty good job at this. At it's core, they made ghost catching just complicated enough to remain interesting throughout the game, but at the same time make it easy to learn. Additionally, the upgrades you can purchase add new life to old abilities later in the game.

Simply put, this game isn't something I would spend hours upon hours playing. But when I'm looking for a good 1-2 hour timekiller, I'd be hard pressed to find something more fun than this game, especially if you're a fan of the films.








No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...