Friday, May 08, 2009

It would be very easy for me to find reasons to not be fine. Swine flu everywhere. Santa Barbara is on fire. The Taliban are taking over Pakistan. Everyone's broke and wants a bailout. But hey, I'm fine. I'm not coughing, nor am I burning to a crisper crisp than Denny's bacon (mmmm, bacon), nor under attack from extremist militias blowing themselves up for no good reasons, and I still have enough money to go grocery shopping after work this evening and buy my Mom a new TV for Mother's Day, because she needs it and she deserves it.

I'm also fine despite the fact that tomorrow night I have to attend a birthday party (funeral?!) for my brother, who is turning 40. Having your brother turn 40 tends to make you think about how you yourself are also getting old. Fortunately, I'm 12 years younger than my brother, and I'm still at that age where I think I'm going to live forever. And I plan on keeping that mentality for a few more decades, thank you very much. Cypher was right. Ignorance is bliss.

And let's face it -- Everyone knows I'm more upset over 3D Realms shutting down than I am about some silly flu that's going to kill half the planet.

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...