Monday, August 11, 2008

Someone sent me this rather long write-up about my astrological sign. I've never been one to put much merit into these things. My opinion is, if you read a bunch of these without anyone telling you which one was yours, you probably wouldn't be able to pick yours out of the bunch. I'm sure anyone can find a few things that apply to them in each and every one of them. Nevertheless, it is kind of fun to read them and try to apply each of the points to yourself and say, "Ok, yeah, I am kind of like that."

This isn't the first such write-up I've received about my sign (which is Aries, by the way). Most are the same: "Born leader, stubborn, blah, blah, blah". I received one a few years ago that really struck me as unique, because one of the points it brought up was right on the money for me in a way that I had never seen before. The sentence is still in my head:

"An Aries doesn't just need love; they need to be loved."

That can be true for anyone, but it then went on to explain this in more detail, and what it said was very true of myself. I don't remember exactly how it was worded, but I can create an example. At a group gathering, such as a party or whatever, most people will mix into the crowd and talk in groups. An Aries, however, will prefer to talk to one person at a time. The reason for this is that an Aries wants each person to like them, not all of the people as a group. And as such, they treat each person as an individual too, since that's what they want in return.

THAT is me, period, end of story. I find myself doing this at any family gathering I've ever been a part of, any party I've every attended, and so on. Hell, I even act this way in the games I play. When I played counter-strike, I would quite often play maps with only one other person. I also find it funny that I still do this in a game like WoW, since it's an MMO. But I do -- I have more 1-on-1 conversations in that game than group conversations, and that's because it's the way I prefer things to be.

So it's not that I'm anti-social, as it would appear to those who aren't familiar with my intricacies. Quite the contrary. I just prefer to be more personable than I am able to be in a group. And if I single you out and talk to you individually, congratulations. That means I like you.

Just remember to single me out from time to time as well. We Aries need that, and we're too stubborn to admit it.

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...