Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I'm very, very close to the end of IT now. Less than 50 pages to go, I would say.

Remember the last time I posted about this book, and I hoped that Stan's reasoning for committing suicide would be explained in detail? It was probably the stupidest explanation I've ever heard in my life, but it does fit his character. I honestly can't think of a better explanation for it, so I suppose I accept this. (He didn't want to get dirty again.)

The only complaint I really have about what's been going on in the story here at the end is that if I didn't already know a lot of the mythology that Stephen King created for his books, I would have been totally lost when IT was talking to itself. I would have understood that IT was feeling fear for the first time in Its life, and that IT wanted revenge on those kids. But when IT started talking about the Turtle, the Macroverse, and where IT really lived, I would have been left scratching my head in confusion if I hadn't read The Dark Tower books.

I'm quite certain I had no idea what IT was talking about the first time I read the book.


Now I should do something constructive. Inland scripts, here I come.


No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...