Monday, February 04, 2008

I used to do a lot of things. Past tense giving the current state of my every day activities -- that being work, gaming, and little else inbetween. A sad existence, sure, but it's *my* existence.

ANYway, I'm bringing up how I used to do things because I was reminded of one such thing yesterday in the form of an automated email.

Back in my Counter-Strike days, I made several videos of funny stuff we could do in the game. My favorite has to be the gun juggling vid set to the tune of some outlandishly fast-paced music I found while watching an episode of Robot Chicken.

Before I get completely off-topic here (too late), I made a Death By Ball video and actually posted it on You Tube just for fun (and as a means of hosting the video in a place not on my own web server, just to see if I could link it directly to my blog).

The obvious perk to posting this video on You Tube is, of course, the fact that anyone can stumble upon it at any given time. And, they can leave comments. I don't particularly care about comments, and would have probably turned off the feature had I realized it was there. Thus far, however, the comments were all simply "LOL" or something to that effect. Fine, that's harmless enough.

I get an email anytime someone posts a comment to this video, since it's linked to my You Tube account, and yesterday I got such an email. I went to check it out and this is what I see: "Staged, but good."

My first reaction to this is "Dur". Thanks for stating the obvious, Einstein.

I guess I'm compelled to write about this because this poster probably belongs in a category of people that seem to exist solely to annoy me in my every day life. They are the type of people that, in their own small mind, know everything there is to know about everything. And they feel the constant need to assert this (typically incorrect) self-declared assumption of themselves.

I realize I'm preaching to the choir here, but let me give a little piece of advice to all the "cushy, I'm better than you and I know everything" pricks out there.

If you want to come across as a smart person, first become smart. Read. Learn. Interact. Pay attention to what goes on in the world around you. That's how you become smart.

Pretending to talk like you know what you're talking about doesn't make you smart. You will either come across as an asshole, or you will look stupid. Or both.

This goes hand-in-hand with my guide to becoming a smart ass. And trust me, I know how to be a smart ass.

And the first step is to be smart.


Today's Song Lyric Snippet
And you wanted it so
And you let me go down
To the end of the road
And the black and the white
A technicolorful life
Can I stand by your side?
Like home
We can make it alright
’cause I’m home

-- Breaking Benjamin, Home

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...