Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I think I mentioned in a post not too long ago that I wasn't satisfied with the most recent story I had worked on, because it was ending up too similar to Kobal. Or perhaps I just mentioned it was similar to Kobal. Either way, I find that I can't proceed any further with it due to feeling that I'm simply repeating myself. Consider it scrapped.

Last night, having slept in due to the day off and having a sugar high off the 4 bowls of Cocoa Puffs I had while watching Seinfeld, I found that I had a bit of creative energy left before I was ready to go to bed. So I got the laptop out, stretched out on the couch, and began sketching out ideas for a brand new story.

Ideas have been bouncing around in my head. Spending a vast majority of my free time in a fantasy game tends to inspire the senses to create something epic.

When I begin a new story, I first start out by drafting up bullet items that I will use later while actually writing the story itself. Typically, I start with the geography of the land, followed by a description of the people who live in the world and their relationships with each other (at war, at peace, etc). I had about five bullet points written up regarding the geography of the land. At that point, my laptop then decided it was time to install updates for Windows, and promply rebooted without prompting me to save my document.

It's all in my head, but it was still annoying. Gotta love Windows.


Daily Song Lyric Snippet

Can we live a life of peace and happiness?
I don't think so.
No denying I am scared to lose the things I love.
I'm in control.
This is how, this is how it's going to end.
This is how, this is how it's going to end.
End.
Everyone is waiting here for everyone.
Leave me alone.

--Breaking Benjamin, You Fight Me

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...