Friday, February 22, 2008

Generally, I categorize problems into three different categories.

1. Elucidated

These are problems you can solve. They can be further broken down into Solitary Elucidated and Assembly Elucidated, the first being solved by yourself only and the latter being solved with help from others. These are the most common types of problems. If you're going to have one, this is the type you want.

2. Compromised

These are problems that you cannot solve, but instead you meet someone/something half-way. Alternatively, it's a problem that you cannot solve but you have support from others who understand the problem and help you move forward.

3. Chimerical

These are the worst kinds of problems. You can't solve them, nor can you get around them. You must simply deal with them. These differ from compromised problems because you have no support from anyone else, and there are two possibilities for this. First, it could be that no one understands the significance of the issue and thus cannot relate. Or, it's something that you can't discuss with anyone else for any number of reasons -- whether that be embarassment, humility, fear, pride, or whatever.


I'm speaking from personal experience, and yes, my reasons for writing about this are because of a problem I'm having.

"Why don't you just talk about the problem, then?"

Naturally, I'm having a problem of the chimerical variety. While I rarely have problems interacting with people on a casual, intellectual, socialable, or even intimate level, I firmly believe that I'm emotionally a complete idiot. It's like my head is crammed with so much useless information that I sometimes forget how to talk to someone normally.

In any case, even though I'm incapable of discussing the problem at hand, I still felt the need to hear myself talk (or in this case, type). Rambling is something I happen to be good at. And for those of you concerned, NO, it's NOT a relationship problem. Gah.


Daily Lyric Snippet
And the planet may go astray;
in a million years they'll say:
"Those mother fuckers were all deranged!"
It's evolution!
Just evolution!

-- Korn - Evolution

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...