Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Upcoming Playlist

It's the holiday season. I really like this time of year, though it really has nothing to do with the proverbial Christmas spirit or Goodwill Towards Men. Goodwill has never been a word I've voluntarily associated with myself, but that's an entirely different story.

No, I like this time of year because all the computer game publishers are releasing their prime titles so the average consumer will rush out and by them for their loved ones and place them under the tree. And I say let them do that. Meanwhile, I will be buying the games and playing them. Right now. It's like a month of Christmases.

So last night, I placed an order for a few games that I plan on playing over my upcoming four-day weekend. This will be my upcoming playlist:

Crysis
I've actually already received my copy of this game, and I plan on finishing it this weekend along with playing the multi-player aspect. So far the game is AMAZING, and it truly has redefined how shooters should be made. I plan on delivering a full review after I've completed it.

Gears of War
Yes, it's finally out for the PC. This game really needs no introduction, as many people have already played it on their Xbox. Quite possibly the third greatest shooter of the year, behind only Crysis and Half-Life 2: Episode 2.

Unreal Tournament 3
What's not to like about UT? Blow people up. Dominate. Maps with odd gravity. Camera angles that follow rockets to their destination. And now we have the Unreal 3 Engine powering it and drivable vehicles. Oh yes.

Hellgate: London
I'm a sucker for a good story. And the idea of Hell invading London is intriguing to me, so of course I need to try this game out. Coupled with weapons that you can upgrade to your liking and an "action RPG shooter" sub-genre, there's a lot of potential here.

That's a lot of gaming goodness, and I can't wait.

In other news, you'll notice a few color changes to the blog. I was kind of starting to feel like a vampire with all the black and red going on, so I switched up the post color. Also, can anyone tell me why I had that awful green color for the post titles? Egad.


No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...