Friday, May 05, 2006

I need Life-Alert.......for my car

One of these days, I'm going to be left stranded somewhere.

Backstory:
About 2 or 3 years ago (on my birthday, of course), I was fueling up at a gas station. When I got back into my car, the key wouldn't turn. I had to have it towed back to my brother's shop, and we found out that the ignition cylinder broke and needed to be replaced. Thankfully, my car was still under warranty at the time, and I got it fixed at the dealer for nothing.

Methinks the same thing is beginning to happen again. Last Saturday, early in the morning, I was about to drive up to Denny's to have breakfast with 3 co-workers. Key wouldn't turn the first time, but it then was fine after I removed the key and then tried again. It was fine since then.

Next, yesterday, as I left work, it happened again. This time it took me a good 5 minutes of pissing around with it before I finally got the key to turn. I had to go shopping afterwards, so to avoid getting stranded at the mall I just left my car running while I went inside. LOL. But, when I got home, I tried the key 6 times and it was fine, and it has been fine since then (knock on wood).

But I'm sure, one of these days, it's going to break and break for good, and I'm going to be stranded. Yay.

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...