Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Computer Failure

I typically have pretty good luck with computers. Today, apparently, was not typical. Luckily though, at least for me, it wasn't MY computer that I broke.

So I'm at work, and one of my fellow peasants is having problems with something not pasting into out system correctly. Nothing new there, some of the shit we get from our customers really sucks ass. Anyway, I go over to help him out, and I figure out a way to get the text to paste properly. Sadly, the portion of text was too large for our little program called "Copy Table Text" to handle, so I had to break it into two parts. When I took the first part of the text into this program and clicked "Full Preview", the video card on the computer DIED.

It was quite the entertaining experience. The resolution was cranked down by Windows to 8 colors/640x480. Rebooting brought it back to normal, but it would fuck over again once you did ANYTHING. (Fade to black, colors everywhere, then fucked up resolution.)

Fried the video card with the CLICK OF A BUTTON! Talent....

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...