Friday, April 14, 2006

Everything's Better With Monkeys

First, a story. As I was washing my hands at the sink behind the bar in my room, I noticed this protrusion of water seeping out from the cupboard, at the floor, directly beside the sink. My first thought was, of course, that I have a leaky sink. So I checked the pipes.....but they were all dry. Next, since it had rained rather heavily the night before, I thought that perhaps the water was coming in from outside. (This has happened before. I was flooded twice last year.) Nope, not coming from outside either.

So, just on a whim, I opened the cupboard directly beside the sink, and I see a bit more water. Looking a bit further, I then found the culprit: a carton of calcium chloride.

For the unfamilar, calcium chloride ABSORBS water. People use it all the time to dry out basements or other damp places. So yeah, it was absorbing the moisture down here, and depositing it into my cupboard. LOL! I don't even remember BUYING a carton of calcium chloride, let alone putting it into a cupboard.

Ah well. Enjoy the clip.


No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...