Thursday, January 24, 2013

It is incredibly difficult to write blog posts when quite a lot of what is on my mind is inherently negative.  I don't like making negative posts or writing about negative topics.  I leave that to the media.  They've made a multi-billion dollar business out of it.  I don't want to talk about America's problems with guns and mental health, bigotry towards gays, debt, hatred by other countries, or broken immigration rules.  I don't want to talk about how my health benefits increased by 16% this year, yet my salary stayed the same, so therefore I actually got a pay decrease in addition to getting nothing for the increase of cost of living.  I don't want to talk about how John will be leaving in less than a month now, and I'm going to have to deal with being thousands of miles away from the one I love simply because the people of this country believe that a book written by men are the divine words of some Sky Bully.

The problem is, after I'm done not talking about all of those things, I really don't have much left to say.

It's quite easy to fall into a state of depression this time of year.  It's been coined the "Winter Blahs" by some people.  I think I read that in a Peanut's strip once.  As such, I find it important to focus on the small things that make me happy.  Otherwise, I'd be a basket case.  

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...