Tuesday, October 30, 2012

I have't floated away yet, nor felt the need to build an ark for that matter, in case you were curious about that.  Fortunately, I'm on the very fringes of this massive storm, and I'm only feeling the affects by the bit of water that's currently seeping into my basement where the wall meets the floor.  It's one of the risks of living underground.  One that I gladly accept for relative safety from a zombie and/or nuclear apocalypse.  And before you start going on about how a basement isn't sufficient protection against a nuclear apocalypse, your logic isn't needed here.  Go troll a gaming or political blog or something and rid me of your rubbish opinions.

It started raining here on Saturday, and it hasn't let up since, giving us now four solid days of steady precipitation.  It's not a downpour, otherwise there would most certainly be flooding around here.  It's basically switching between a steady drizzle and a light rain, enough to make everything wet, cold, and soggy to hell.  The wind picked up today, but so far I don't think it's gotten up to the point they were predicting for my area, which was 30 MPH.  It feels more like 15 at the most, I think.  I had to stop and get gas for my car this morning, so I was standing out in the wind for a few minutes at the pump.  It didn't feel all that strong to me.  I just checked it online, and it's showing 14 MPH.  Damn, I'm pretty good.  They are still predicting the winds will get up to 32 MPH today, however, so it might be a lot different the next time I go outside.  Probably for my drive home.  Driving in wind is a joy.

I read this morning that 7 million people are without electricity.  Hearing that, and hearing that we're getting high winds doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling inside.  With the amount of devastation that has occurred on the East Coast, I certainly don't want to lose power due to a fallen tree or anything irritably minor like that.  If we do lose power, I'm quite certain that anyone qualified to fix it has been sent East.  It probably wouldn't get fixed for 7-10 days. 

The rain should stop here by Friday or Saturday.  It'll be nice to see the sun again.  

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...