Thursday, October 04, 2012

At the office, Erik has this thing he does when something comes into our "publishing request e-mail inbox".  Basically, this inbox is where customers send us work requests.  We all have access to it within our work e-mail.  Anytime the box lightly up, indicating a new message, Erik tends to say in a high pitched voice, "What's in the booooox?"

This is, of course, from the movie Seven, where at the end Brad Pitt's character asks Morgan Freeman the same question (several times).

Last night, I was playing Borderlands 2, and I picked up an optional quest.  It was an echo device of this bounty hunter who was off to kill some kind of monster named Henry.  The bounty hunter was recording the message for his mother, saying he had her mother's day present with him.  There are then lots of screams and sounds of ripping flesh as Henry apparently eats the man.  The quest was to go retrieve the mother's day present.  The quest text read, "WHAT'S IN THE BOOOOOOOOOOX?"

This is one of those rare cases where a pop culture movie reference is actually funnier to me than it should have been, given the fact that we use that phrase quite often at work.  I very much enjoyed it.

In other news, I fear that I'm becoming ill.  My throat doesn't feel quite right this morning, though it's quite subtle for the time being.  With the change in weather, I quite expect this to worsen as the day goes on, and probably form into a full fledged cold by tomorrow.  Hopefully it won't affect me too horribly.  I haven't had a cold in about two years now, surprisingly.

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...