Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Signs

So this morning, I'm sitting in the weekly status meeting for one of our biggest customers. Typically that means nap time. Thankfully, I'm not the Project Manager so I don't have to do any talking (normally). (I'm the Conversion Manager, which basically means I get them up and running. My dealings with the senior management is nil.)

ANYway, these guys are pushing really hard to get their training complete, which entails two people from my office taking a trip to India in the near future (that being my boss and myself). Also, it requires another, shorter trip to Copenhagen even sooner (I think), which was going to be handled by just one person (my boss).

Naturally, as it goes with any corporate endeavor known to man, everything is constantly being delayed. Right now the biggest problem is that my boss has yet to get his passport even though he's applied for it a few weeks ago. And, on top of that, his was only a renewal. When I applied for mine, it was the first time I've ever had a passport, and I got it back in no time.

So on the call today, they asked when my boss was coming to Copenhagen to perform the training. The conversation went something like this:

"I plan on coming there as soon as I can. The only thing holding me back right now is that I have not yet gotten my passport. If I don't have it by the time my visit to your U.S. office is over, I will send Steve instead. He's with me on the call right now, and he's nodding."

I wasn't nodding. I was giving him the finger! Good thing it wasn't a video conference...

Though I will admit, a trip to Copenhagen sounds a LOT more appealing than the trip to India. The idea of having to do it myself, however, is NOT appealing at all. I've heard what the pubs are like. I would much rather be carried out by someone I know.

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...