Friday, December 08, 2006

The Midget Story

Every once in a while, something so unbelievable happens that you could probably win the Powerball 100 times before anything like it will happen again. Today, such an event occurred.

I was talking to one of my team members today, and the subject of our visitor was brought up. One of the product managers from our corporate office is visiting us this week, so I was explaining what he did, what his title was, etc. I then jokingly added, "He's sitting over on the other side near Ed. Just look for the midget operating a laptop and cell phone."

Some time passed. Soon I noticed Mark go outside for a smoke, and I continued on with my work as usual. Suddenly, he comes running into my cubicle with this wide-eyed expression on this face.

"You're an asshole!" He exclaimed.

"What now?" I asked, trying to recall if I had performed any such practical jokes that would justify such a proclaimation. He then pointed out my window, and I turned, looked, and my jaw then dropped onto my desk. Leaving the office building at that very moment was a midget.

"Are you fucking with me on purpose?" He asked.

I was laughing too hard to even respond, and also in shock at how SLIM, ANOREXICALLY SLIM, the odds were of what just happened. I can just imagine the confusion he had when he walked outside for a cigarette to see a midget standing in front of him, after the joke I made about our product manager. Absolutely golden.

Later on, I told him that I considered paying the midget $20 to walk back to his desk, just to hear him scream like a girl.

"Yep, I would scream like a girl. Actually, I probably wouldn't even be able to handle it."
"Well you don't have to worry, he's gone now. Or *IS* he?"
"Dude, that's not funny..."


We'll be talking about this for a long time. The day started out so small and insignificant too. (Pun intended.)

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...