Wednesday, September 29, 2010

A Bunch of Nothing

Over the last couple of weeks, there have been several occasions where I had something interesting to write about here, and I just never got around to doing so.  It actually hasn't been a matter of being too busy, but rather that I've been occupied with other things.  Basically, I've been forgetting to blog. 

So here I am now, and as you could probably guess I've forgotten all the things I've wanted to say.  If you start making "Old Timer's" jokes here, I will beat you with my walker and throw my dentures at you.  Fucking whippersnappers.  Now go get me some jello.

Anyways, I guess I'll just provide an overview of what's been going on in my life recently, and perhaps that will enable me to remember some of the specifics that I wanted to write about. 

To start with, I've canceled my subscription to The Lord of the Rings Online.  I finally lost interest in the utterly boring quests, and bailed.  Let us all mourn the death of my aspiring elf hunter.  Cut down in the prime of his immortal life.  He was 30. 

Next, I've picked up Civilization V.  My relationship with strategy games is rocky.  Here's the problem:  I'm a nester.  I tend to enjoy staying put and making what I've got the best it can be.  This totally goes against the idea of a strategy game, where you basically *have to* expand, invade, and branch out.  That's the whole point of these games, of course.  I struggle with this, and thus I'm not very good at these types of games.  I drive people utterly insane when I play Bioshock 2 in multi-player.  I'll box myself into a room and leave traps of death everywhere.  That's just the kind of player I am. 

Regardless of this, I'm still enjoying Civ5.  I plan on making some videos of me playing the game, simply because I can.  I might even add some of my own commentary to them.  Again, just because I can.

And now, a list of things to do:



1. Make the above mentioned Civ5 videos.
2. Create that Christmas List so I'm not utterly lost when shopping season arrives.
3. Upgrade my EU WoW account that I keep forgetting to upgrade.
4. Learn how to not suck at both Civ5 and SC2.

That'll do.

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...