Monday, November 23, 2009

I enjoy when I am able to catch subtle (and sometimes not so subtle) references to other media within the media I am currently enjoying.  That holds true for movies, books, and video games.  The current case in point is with Borderlands.  The game is drenched with subtle references to all kinds of movies, Mad Max not being the least of these.  (One of the bosses is called “Mad Mel” — Mad Max and Mel Gibson put together.)

The references to the Dark Tower aren’t lost on me either.  The most obvious of these are the fact that one of my talent trees is called “Gunslinger”, and one of the characters in the game is called Roland.  Then tonight, I saw this:

Borderlands 2009-11-23 20-17-34-71

I’m not sure if this was an INTENTIONAL reference to the Dark Tower or not.  I guess the direct reference would be to Stephen Hawking, but the Turtle reference is used quite a number of times by Stephen King (mostly in the aforementioned series, and in IT).


Now playing: Rammstein - Spiel Mit Mir

No comments:

Hello!

Holy smokes.  The last post I wrote for this blog was on October 18, 2017.  Through the little more than  two years since, this blog has be...